LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:42:34 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:38:32 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7877.5 LangLab and NetSupportSchool Reviews (!)

We use only the computers.  We wanted to avoid being tied to proprietary
hardware.

--- Forwarded Message from "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information
Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #7877.1 LangLab and NetSupportSchool Reviews (!)
>Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:38:39 +0800

Hi,
    I think the audio delay must have something to do with your net
rate. The software designing theory and algorithm play important roles
on the final effect of its performance. But this is based on the good
performance of the facilities that run the software. So the device,
equipment and net connection rate also need to be considered
carefully.
    And I have a question. Do you use only computer lab as language
lab?
I am in China, and in my university the language labs are installed
with
computers and also special units. That is to say, a computer controls
the displaying and listening unit for each student. The unit is not a
computer, but it seems easy for clear sound to transfer without any
delay. I don't know whether this kind of setting is better for a
language lab.

Chen Xiaobin
South China University of Technology
GuangZhou, GD, China