LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:47:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:45:34 -0400
>From: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Job Posting: Rice Language Resource Center Manager
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>

We are now accepting applications for our position of Language Resource
Center Manager. Please see the job description below. Please submit all
applications to the Human Resource Department as indicated below.

05231 LANGUAGE RESOURCE CENTER MANAGER
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience.

Security sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code,
Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a
background check.

The Language Resource Center manager will manage the administrative,
financial and human resource operations of the Language Resource Center;
administer the day-to-day functions of the LRC including the coordination
and supervision over 14-20 students staff members; manage communication
between the LRC and over 50 faculty/lecturers from the Center for the Study
of Languages, the Hispanic and Classical Studies Department, French Studies
Department, German and Slavic Studies Department, Asian Studies department,
Linguistics Department, and the School of Continuing Studies ESL
program;will handle purchase of software and maintain license and copyright
permissions current; will advise and assist the Director in the development
and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.

Requires: a Bachelor's degree and three years of managing, organizing, and
supervising experience in an educational environment, or six years of
related experience in an educational environment; excellent working
knowledge of MS Office Professional, Internet browser, and electronic mail;
proficiency in a foreign language.

Prefer: experience in the field of language learning technology; some
knowledge of foreign language software, and good working knowledge of an
HTML editor (e.g. Dreamweaver).

Rice University is an EEO/AA employer.

Job Description
http://dacnet.rice.edu/~humres/Employment/jobdetail.cfm?ID=1802

Employment Contact Information
http://www.dacnet.rice.edu/~humres/Employment/

You can view our facility and services we offer at the following address:

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~lrc

We look forward to receiving your applications.

Sincerely,

Claire Bartlett

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.