LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:47:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7869.1 VISTA Spanish Books (!)
>Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:21:12 +0000

One easy solution for this lack of oral practice using on-line material, of
course, is to use software that actually permits students to engage in
listening-comprehension and oral-response work from outside the lab. E-LangLab's
LangLab will let them do so using Macs as well as Windows computers, and will
also let instructors retrieve and evaluate the students' recordings (again, from
home or office as well as from a lab computer), inserting comments anywhere in
the students' files to guide them. With publishers' permission and LangLab's
authoring tools, it's dead easy to import and adapt Vista or other materials. If
you're not aware of LangLab yet, you might go to www.elanglab.com, read about
it, and download a ful-functional demo with complete documentation.

    Regards,

    Richard Laden
Dr. Richard A. Laden
Director, E-LangLab, LLC