LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:47:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Markus Vinzent" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Markus Vinzent" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Invitation to the Virtual Academy, academici, by Professor Markus
Vinzent, University of Birmingham
>Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:46:01 +0100

Dear colleague,

Together with colleagues from my University of Birmingham, UK, we have
created a global academic networking platform, a virtual academy
(www.academici.com <http://www.academici.com/> ) with already several
thousands of members in 92 countries.

"academici. The Virtual Academy" is a networking tool among colleagues (i.e.
you can find colleagues working in similar areas across the globe, find
cooperation partners in universities, scholarly societies and in Industry
worldwide). It is especially designed for interdisciplinary and
international studies. As already in our University, and even more beyond
campus, it is always hard to find colleagues to develop joint projects, find
conference speakers aso. University websites and search engines are not made
for direct personal contact. Please, have a look at our virtual academy, it
enables you to contact peers easily by name, University, their interests
etc. and create and suggest forums for supporting your own research networks
by interactive space on academici. In this way 'academici' offers the
unprecedented opportunity for cross-fertilisation between and across
academic disciplines. It is a tool designed by academics for academics.

Basic membership is free and with no time limit, and with my personal
invitation you can enjoy premium features one month for free (No charges and
no obligations at ANY point now or in future). Just click on the invitation
link and register as member.

I can assure you that the few minutes it takes to sign up and to fill in
your "Haves" and "Wants" will be well spent. Like with all networks and
associations it can be beneficial to be among the members.

I would very much appreciate if we could stay in contact, just click on the
following invitation link:

http://www.academici.com/go/invuid/Markus_Vinzent

With best wishes,

yours

Professor Markus Vinzent

University of Birmingham, H.G. Wood Professor

academici. The Virtual Academy, Director

+44 8700 110 131

Skype markusvinzent

Email [log in to unmask]

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.