LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:18:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Waid, Alexander Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Disposition-Notification-To: "Waid, Alexander Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #7876 Computer Terms in Spanish
>Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:53:19 -0400
>From: "Waid, Alexander Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

I'd check out the latest editions of the big dictionaries.  They update those
every year, so they should all be fairly current (Larrousse, Harper Collins...).
Also, Elementary Language textbooks usually have a chpater on technology or "The
modern World" with the latest terminology.  Of course, those are fairly
superficial, so if "bus speed" or "VRAM" is what you're after, stick to the
dictionaries.

alex

Alexander Waid, Ph.D.
Professor of Spanish