LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:19:30 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:49:55 -0400
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7859.1 DVD restrictions (!)

Harold's post about BYU's legal restrictions on viewing foreign video is
certainly evidence of "harm done."
In the legal review in 2003, some people did offer comments but they
seemed often to be related to wanting to play anime etc.
http://www.copyright.gov/1201/2003/reply/reply1.html (replies to comment
36). Maybe this is a situation where IALLT is the logical lobby for fair
use.

Judy

LLTI-Editor wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from Harold Hendricks <[log in to unmask]> ---
>

>>Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:53:19 -0600
>>Subject: Re:#7859 DVD restrictions
>>From: Harold Hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

> Thank you Scott for starting this thread.  I've wanted to ask the list if any
> other schools have taken the position that BYU has just adopted: Region-free
DVD