LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:19:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Chen Xiaobin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #7860 One accent  or multiples accents?
>Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:07:42 +0800

In my opinion, I don't think that hearing a foreign language in
different accent would be a problem, even if they are beginners. At this
stage, students are unable to tell whether those accents are standard or
not. The only thing they need to do is to listen and try their best to
understand the language. I don't think they can make any distinction
among those accents. As long as those accents are well spoken, it's OK
for the students.

Chen Xiaobin
South China University of Technology
GuangZhou, GD, China