LLTI Archives

April 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:48:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: IALLT Journal Special Issue #1  --  Call for Submissions
>Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:45:27 -0500
>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear All:

Please read and pass this along to anyone at your institution (or elsewhere)
whom you think might be interested in submitting an article:

============================
CALL FOR PAPERS

As an extension and expansion of the recent discussion on LLTI, the IALLT
Journal would like to dedicate a special issue to the changing status of the
Language Center within the academy of the 21st century.  IALLT members are
encouraged to submit articles and essays that reflect upon the changes their
centers have undergone owing to developments in technologies, new mandates from
institutional administrations, constrained budgets, distance education as a mode
of teaching and learning, and other forces that are rapidly shaping how language
centers meet the needs of their constituents and the demands of their
institutions.  Likewise, the IALLT Journal would like to hear from the directors
of centers that have been closed, or whose missions have been expanded or
altered to the point that "language center" may no longer apply to them.

Ideas, abstracts, papers, and questions should be sent to Andrew Ross
([log in to unmask]) and Jorg Waltje ([log in to unmask]).
============================

Best,

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D
Director, Language Resource Center
Brown University
Box 1935
Providence, RI 02912-1935
Tel: (401) 863-7010
Mobile: (401) 641-0329
"Worrying about a large institution, especially when it has computers, is like
worrying about a large gorilla, especially when it's on fire."
- Bruce Sterling