LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:44:40 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:43:25 -0600
>From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7851 Typing Chinese tone marks in MSWord/XP
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

I have edited the US International keyboard to include the macron and I
believe it contains the other necessary characters for typing pinyin.
I'll check it.  If you'd like to try it out, I'll be happy to share it
with you as long as you give me feedback on how well it works.

The keyboard is designed to work in Windows 2000 or XP and use unicode
fonts.  As long as the font contains the characters necessary, this
keyboard can use it.

carly

Foreign Language Technology
http://go.carleton.edu/f

Carly J. Born, Carleton College
Academic Computing Coordinator for Foreign Languages & Literature
[log in to unmask] | 507-646-7010 | www.carleton.edu