LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:43:42 EST
--- Forwarded Message from louis janus <[log in to unmask]> ---

At 12:01 AM 3/22/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>   2. #7848 Korean materials
>

>Date:    Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:59:09 EST
>From:    LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #7848 Korean materials
>

>Our university may be offering credit courses in Korean for the
>first time during the Spring and Summer semesters this year and as
>of yet we have no resources (not even a textbook!) selected.  Does
>anyone have any suggestions of resources for teaching introductory
>Korean including (but not limited to):  textbooks, websites,
>software, etc.?

The Less Commonly Taught Languages Project (http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl)
part of CARLA at the University of Minnesota) offers several resources for
Korean (and many other LCTLs!) that you might wish to know about.

1. We  manage several listservs for teachers of LCTLs -- including the most
general LCTL-T, and specific language / language groups (including
Korean-T). You can subscribe from:
http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl/resources/listservs.html  These lists might
be an appropriate place to ask for advice.

2. We offer both a Virtual Picture Album
(http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl/vpa/) and Virtual Audio-Video Archive
(http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl/vava/). ALthough at the present time, Korean
is not included, one of our mini-grant recipients is working to develop a
Korean VPA.

3. Our database listing where LCTLs are taught in North America
(http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl/db/index.html) can be  consulted to
facilitate contact with other Korean-teaching institutions (as well as
about 300 other languages).

Let me know if the LCTL project can help in other ways, too.

Louis Janus

Louis Janus, LCTL Project Coordinator
CARLA / Univ of Minnesota
[log in to unmask] http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl