LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:21:54 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #7854 (ADVTSG) digital labs
>Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:17:56 -0800

For those not yet familiar with E-LangLab's digital language lab product,
LangLab (a software solution ), I'd just like to point out that it runs on
the Mac as well as on Windows machines, has the real-time monitoring and
intercom capabilities lacking in Solo, and is actually cheaper than Solo. It
also comes with an authoring module and a module that allows instructors to
insert comments anywhere in students' recordings as feedback. A version of
this module we're about to release has a report function that shows
instructors exactly which lessons and items each student has finished, which
are in progress, and how much time the student has spent on each. It's
usable for distance learning as well as inside the lab. Those interested
might look at www.elanglab.com, which will let them download a
fully-functional demo version with complete documentation.

    --Richard Laden
Dr. Richard A. Laden
E-LangLab, LLC
Berkeley, CA