LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:17:06 EST
open at your own risk -

Otmar

--- Forwarded Message from "Paul Overland" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:30:50 -0500
>From: "Paul Overland" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Grant Project Language-Technology Consultant

Dear Friends in LLTI,

I teach Introductory Biblical Hebrew at the graduate level.  Presently
I am drawing together a group of Biblical Hebrew professors who will
serve as a Design Team to develop introductory materials utilizing
communicative language teaching methods for ancient Hebrew.  This will
be a grant-funded project in which we will meet for one week during
three successive years.  It is titled "Communicative Teaching of
Biblical Hebrew."

A crucial member of the Design Team will be a technology consultant who
will acquaint the rest of us with an overview of ways technolgy can help
language acquisition. In addition, the technology consultant will be
present through each workshop, serving in an advisory capacity.

This individual's primary skill will be educational technology suitable
for language-learning; familiarity with Second Language Acquisition
theory/practice would also be useful.  This person need not be skilled
in Biblical Hebrew.

The workshops will likely be scheduled in mid-June (2006, 07, 08), and
will run from Tues. p.m. through Thurs. noon.  The location will be in
north-central Ohio (retreat / conference centers two years, and at our
seminary campus one year).  Hebrew faculty are coming from as far as
Israel to participate.  I would like to attract the most qualified SLA
person possible for this effort.  All costs will be covered (travel,
food, lodging), with an additional stipend of approx. $400 per
participant per year.  Further explanation and response form may be
found in the attached documents.

Can you help me convey this opportunity via LLTI to qualified
individuals?

I will be grateful for any suggestions you may have, and would be happy
to respond to any questions that may arise.

Sincerely,

Paul Overland, Ph.D.
Assoc. Professor of Old Testament
and Semitic Languages