LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:14:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:15:27 -0500
>Subject: Re: #7836.1 software availability for OSX (!)
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi David,

RIT is basically a PC campus, though there are a few Mac labs around and
some very competent Mac support people.  Viruses are a problem, but actual
maintenance has not been (our Dell computers have proven very reliable and
service first rate when we've needed it. One effective way to counter the
virus, spybot, etc. problem is to install a program like DeepFreeze on your
computers. Whatever happens to the computer during operation is immediately
undone just by rebooting the computer. You of course need to make sure that
your image is clean before freezing your computers.  Jack

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.