LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:44:37 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:06:09 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Yamakawa 238 DVD Player
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"

Awhile back there was a posting recommending a Yamakawa zone-free DVD
player.  We are interested in purchasing 3 zone-free DVD players and have
gone to the Yamakawa website.  We are thinking of buying the Yamakawa 238
DVD Player.  Has anyone purchased either this model or another model from
Yamakawa?  How have they performed?  Also does the Yamakawa DVD Player play
a PAL DVD on an NTSC TV?  On the website it just says that the unit supports
both NTSC and PAL TV formats, but I'm not clear on whether that means a PAL
DVD will play on an NTSC TV and vice versa.  In the past we have purchased
Daewoo DVD players that we are very happy with, but the Daewoo models are
more expensive and the models we have appear to be no longer available.

Daniel Tom

Language Learning Center

University of Hawaii

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]