LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:35:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jim Duber <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jim Duber <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7836.3 software availability for OSX (!)
>Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:00:49 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Greetings all,

I also don't want to debate which platform is the best, but I would
like to clear up some misinformation that was included in a previous
posting on this topic.

1) There are Mac emulators out there. A quick search for "mac emulator"
on google leads to plenty of them. See:

<http://www.google.com/search?
client=safari&rls=en&q=mac+emulator&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>

2) In the educational sector, Macs comprise a much more significant
market share. I don't have current figures handy, but here's a link to
a Business Week article from a year ago which reports that their market
share in the K-12 sector was at 20% in 2003 and growing:

<http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/mar2004/
tc2004033_0360_tc056.htm>

I can't find it now, but I believe I've seen more recent statistics
placing the worldwide educational market share somewhere around 25%.

3) Market share for Macs is growing and has been for the past few years.

Best regards,

Jim
Jim Duber
duber dot com
http://duber.com
Interactive Media Development, Training and Consulting

See the LetsTalk Discussions:  http://duber.com/LetsTalk/