LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:59:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:18:28 -0500
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: News from Bruce Parkhurst
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

All:

I just spoke with Bruce's husband, John.  He asks that people DO NOT call
the hospital.  It is simply too exhausting for Bruce and her family to
receive phone calls at this time, although they certainly appreciate our
concern.

Bruce asked me to post a message to LLTI saying that she was concerned about
rumors that are circulating that say she has only two weeks to live. That is
not true.  She has two to three weeks worth of aggressive chemotherapy ahead
of her, but she plans to be around for quite some time after that.

She is NOT receiving visitors, due to her compromised immune system.  She is
serious when she says she wants pictures --happy, smiling pictures-- of her
friends and colleagues. Again, the address to send them is:

Hamot Medical Center
201 State Street
Room 719
Erie PA 16550

If I may, let me refer you to a site that I found helpful.  It is dedicated
to her form of leukemia.  As you will see, 70-80% of the acute myelogenous
leukemia patients that undergo aggressive treatment experience complete
remission.

http://www.leukemia-web.org/default.htm

Please keep John and Bruce in your thoughts and prayers.

Barbara

Barbara Sawhill
Director
Cooper International Learning Center