LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:04:44 EST
open at your own risk...
Otmar

--- Forwarded Message from "Sharnoff, Katherine " <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Disposition-Notification-To: "Sharnoff, Katherine " <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Don't Delay - Register Today!!! Mid-Atlantic Association of Language
Learning Technology and Randolph-Macon College Saturday Seminar - March 18-19
>Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 21:21:24 -0500
>From: "Sharnoff, Katherine " <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!!
Registration materials attached and electronic registration available
online at  http://maallt.org <http://maallt.org/>

 We cordially invite you to a celebration of 2005: Year of Languages
with the "Culture in the Digital Age" conference provided as a
collaboration of the Randolph-Macon College Annual Saturday Seminar and
the Mid-Atlantic Association of Language Learning Technology.

Culture in the Digital Age:

In this modern era of computers, internet, instant messenger,  wikis,
blogs, and DVDs, how does access to authentic language and global
communication impact our understanding of culture and the learning of
language? Is modern technology an enhancement or a liability to the
integration of culture and language teaching? Is the internet the
innovative answer to cultural comparisons or does it simply replace the
tried and true?

 Come and share your experiences as we explore the teaching of language
and culture in this technological era.

Katherine VZ Sharnoff
Director, Butler Multimedia Learning Center and Instructor of French
Randolph-Macon College
(804) 752-7297

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.