LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:59:47 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:42:52 -0800
>Subject: 7th Annual DigitalStream Conference March 24-26, 2005
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

Join the 7th Annual DigitalStream Conference at CSU Monterey Bay (March 24-26,
2005)

This conference is for educators who are interested in the use of technology in
teaching foreign language and cultures at any level of instruction.  This year
we have approximately 70 presentations and workshops in addition to keynote
addresses by
Carl Falsgraf at the University of Oregon and Leo van Lier at the Monterey
Institute for International Studies.  This conference also serves as the Spring
meeting for the SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology (SWALLT)
and is a great
opportunity to network with friendly technology-knowledgable language educators
from your area! The conference will be held on the California State University
Monterey Bay campus overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay.

Conference Theme: Theory and Practice: Foreign Language Pedagogy with Evolving
Technology

Technology is on the move--it's hard to keep up--but what are you doing in your
classrooms and programs to keep apace with the current cycle of technollogy
transformation? Over the past decade the power and availability technology has
increased
dramatically while costs have fallen steadily. Additionally, teachers and
students are becoming increasingly tech-savvy. Teachers can do more with their
technology and they can expect more from their students.  But, have we evolved
tech-savvy
classroom pedagogy? The 2005 DigitalStream Conference seeks to address this
issue.

Keynote Speakers:
        Carl Falsgraf, Director, CASLS, University of Oregon;
$E3Data-Driven Curriculum and Professional Development$E4
        Leo van Lier, Director of the Max Kade Language and Technology Center, Monterey
Institute of International Studies; $E3Professional Development and CALL: The
Dynamics of Online and Onsite
Projects$E4

Banquet Speaker: Mary Ann Lyman-Hager, Director, Language Acquisition Resource
Center (LARC), Professor of French, San Diego State University
$E3Are We There Yet?: Reflections on Technology-Assisted Language Learning -
Past, Present, and Future$E4

Hotel: The Hilton is offering a special conference rate of only $99, an
outstanding value in this area, but only until the end of February (2/28/05).
Just 4 days from now!

Registration: Register now at the Early Bird rate on-line at  [
http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/ ]http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/
California State University, Monterey Bay
School of World Languages and Cultures & the Office of Extended Education and
International Programs

Yoshiko Saito-Abbott, Ph.D
Professor, School of World Languages and Cultures
California State University, Monterey Bay
Director,  Monterey Bay Foreign Language Project
100 Campus Center, Seaside CA. 93955
office (831) 582-3795 fax (831) 582-3885

Gus
_______________________________________
Gus Leonard
Language Laboratory Coordinator
School for World Languages & Cultures $F0  Building 48-119 $F0 California State
University, Monterey Bay $F0 100 Campus Center $F0 Seaside, CA 93955 $F0 Email:
[log in to unmask] $F0 (831) 582-4446 $F0 http://LanguageLab.csumb.edu
President, SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology $F0
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc/SWALLT/

--
This message has been scanned for viruses, worms, and potentially dangerous
attachments and is believed to be safe. We do not recommend opening attachments

http://it.csumb.edu/services/virus/

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.