LLTI Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:42:37 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Sean James <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:34:34 -0500
>From: Sean James <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: #7817.2 RFP for digital language lab: any examples or guides?
(!)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Sean James <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.  I have been eagerly awaiting your Digital Language
Lab Solutions manual and will also be obtaining your Language Center Design
Kit.  I am sure the summary chart of features will be useful in creating an
RFP (though I am hoping to have mine done by then).  I did create a summary
chart (comparing two lab systems) for our department$E2s instructors, but it
was necessarily more functional than technical, and therefore only partly
useful for an RFP.

By the way, will the NEALLT conference be broadcast live or recorded for
later viewing?

Sean

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:07:11 EST, LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:14:25 -0500
>>Subject: Re: #7817 RFP for digital language lab: any examples or guides?
>>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>
>Sean,
>
>The IALLT Digital Language Lab Solutions manual is due to be published very
>soon, hopefully in time for the upcoming NEALLT 2005 conference (March
>11-13).  It evaluates eleven current products in depth and includes a
>summary chart of features that may be useful in preparing your RFP.  It
will
>be available through the IALLT website, if you are interested.  Jack
>
>--
>Jack Burston, Ph.D.
>Director
>Foreign Language Technology Center
>College of Liberal Arts
>Rochester Institute of Technology
>Rochester, NY 14623-5604

> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
>Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
>Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
>Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.  I have been eagerly awaiting your Digital Language
Lab Solutions manual and will also be getting your Language Center Design
Kit.  I$E2m sure the summary chart of features will be useful in creating an
RFP (though I am hoping to have mine done by then).  I did make a summary
chart for our department$E2s instructors, but it was necessarily more
functional than technical, and therefore only partly useful for an RFP.

By the way, will the NEALLT conference be broadcast or recorded?

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.