LLTI Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:06:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Dente, Edmund" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Slate PCs
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:22:37 -0500
>From: "Dente, Edmund" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Cc: "Classroom Support" <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

I wonder if any of you have begun using (Motion Computing) Slate
PCs/tablet PCs as controllers/touchpanels in your new multimedia
installations?

We are considering going to them in place of the Crestron touchpanel we
generally use in classroom and large room projection systems, but we
don't know their track record.

Some advantages seem to be that they are multifarious: they cut out the
need for a separate lectern PC, they incorporate other features (mics,
etc)  and  they are sturdy and quoted as being less expensive in the end
than our touchpanels.

Have you incorporated them at any of your schools? If so, what has your
experience been?

Thanks,

Ed

Edmund N. Dente
Director, Language Media Center
Asst Director, Media Services      617.627.3036
Tufts University                        [log in to unmask]
Medford, MA  02155             http://ase.tufts.edu/lmc

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.