LLTI Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:36:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7809 still trying to burn files larger than 2 gigs to DVD
>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:10:34 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

I can't definitely answer your question other than saying that I've
encountered the same issue. Path file lengths are also a problem once
moved to the PC as well so ISO 9660 will NOT work for you.

Can you not burn actual DVD video discs instead? If you're producing on
the mac, convert to DVD video and burn custom DVDs. Not exactly what
you wanted, but at least they'll be viewable on the PC.

On Feb 21, 2005, at 10:13 AM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> Which of the Toast burn options:
> Mac & PC
> ISO 9660
> Custom Hybrid
> will allow me to burn a single file of 3-4 Gigs that can be read on
> both
> Mac and PC platforms?
>
> Using older versions of Toast in the past, I have run into the 2 Gig
> ceiling (apparently FAT16 and or FAT32 limitations?) on the PC side
> which
> cuts the larger files off at 1.99 Gig and renders them unreadable (on a
> Dell box running XP) - even though on the Mac side the files show the
> full
> 4 Gig size and are fully readable.
>
> At this point, I will even consider using a PC platform (running XP)
> for
> the burning, provided a Mac will also read the finished data DVD.  I
> will
> also consider software other than Toast (Nero on the PC side?).

> on a
> Mac or PC, readable on both Mac and PC

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"W" is making enemies faster than he can kill them.

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.