LLTI Archives

February 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:31:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: audio sharing devices
>Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:07:07 -0500

I recently attempted to purchase a Robotel 2000BLL-QuadSM, but the unit
has been discontinued and stock is no longer available.  This unit
allows sharing of audio (in and out) to up to 4 students.  Robotel has
a replacement model (2500 series), but it only provides for 2 headsets
and we need to accommodate 3 students simultaneously at a satellite
viewing/WIndows Media Center workstation.  Linguatronics also makes a
device similar to the Robotel one (LS-200) that allows audio sharing
among 3 students, but I've never seen it physically or had the
opportunity to try it.

I'm looking for comments/recommendations for other audio sharing
devices that might exist, or for comments/recommendations on the
Robotel 2500 series and Linguatronic LS-200.  If anyone has a Robotel
2000BLL-QuadSM that they would want to part with, I'd gladly welcome it
and compensate accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any replies!  Best,

Michael

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave (CHSS/DI-287B)
Montclair, NJ 07043-1699