LLTI Archives

February 2005, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:40:41 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Otto, Sue Ellen K" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Call for Papers
>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:56:57 -0600
>From: "Otto, Sue Ellen K" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Modern Language Association, Division of Applied Linguistics

Call for Papers for MLA Convention
Washington, DC, December 27-30, 2005

The Applied Linguistics Division of the Modern Language Association
invites proposals for papers on the topics below. Papers are normally 20
minutes long, followed by up to 10 minutes of questions and discussion.

1. Computer-Mediated Foreign Language Study

We invite reports of original research on the role of computer-mediated
discourse (chats, email, etc.) in FL learning within and across
institutions. Diverse theoretical perspectives are encouraged. Send
1-page abstracts by 15 March 2005 to Judith Liskin-Gasparro

2. Researching Advanced Foreign Language Learning

We invite original research reports on research conducted on FL learners
at high levels of proficiency. We encourage reports on all languages and
from diverse theoretical perspectives. Send 1-page abstracts by 15 March
2005 to Judith Liskin-Gasparro ([log in to unmask]).

3. Year of Languages 2005: Research on Heritage Language Learners

We invite reports of original research conducted on heritage language
learners. We encourage reports on all languages and from diverse

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.