LLTI Archives

February 2005, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:58:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Geoff Barker" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Geoff Barker" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LLTI-Editor \(by way of Victoria K. Williams\)'"
>Subject: RE: #7777.2 Pronunciation evaluation software for German (!)
>Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:29:34 -0800

I just tried out a couple of tests here, but wasn't that impressed. There
isn't much flexibility in the program. E.g., if you list only the masculine
or feminine variant for "cook," the program simply states "Wrong!" in giant
letters. Not much of a confidence builder for beginning students! Based on
that, I'm not sure that I'd want to pay for their premium service with audio
and pronunciation exercises. Who knows, though.

Best,

Geoff