LLTI Archives

January 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:36:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Steve & Laura Spinella" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>From: "Steve & Laura Spinella" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7767.1 Software (even free) to support distance learning (!)
>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:38:23 +0800

Very interesting. Once again worth the "price" of reading LLTI.

What's more, a quick look at the website Jack points to indicates that there
is also a free version of netsnippets that is not shareware, and the
contents compiled using it would be directly accessible by an instructor
using the advanced capabilities of one of the purchased versions. Also there
is a 50% academic discount for the purchased versions. A student could even
use the free version at home to collect and then produce his reports at
school using a version that would create bibliographic entries, etc. Or I
suppose students could use the 30-day free look at home for that last month
when students need to compile their web research into the final report--for
one course, anyway.

So tell me what's next, right here, when it happens.... Steve

PS I haven't attached the netsnippets to this message, but I could have with
that software! "Coming soon to a computer near you."

Dr. Steve Spinella
Ta Yi Street, Lane 29, #18, 2F-1, Taichung 404, TAIWAN
011 886 4 2236-6145, of 2236-1901, fx 2236-2109, cell 9 2894-0514
USA: 9685 Otero Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, 719.528.1702, cell
719.640.1261
TEAM, PO Box 969, Wheaton, IL 60189, 800 343-3144
<www.team.org.tw/spinella>, <www.team.org.tw/ccg> <[log in to unmask]>