LLTI Archives

January 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:36:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Claire Bradin Siskin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:33:09 -0500
>From: Claire Bradin Siskin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NEALLT 2005 Reminder
>To: [log in to unmask]

Please excuse cross-postings.

This is a reminder to submit proposals by February 1st for NEALLT's
spring conference at Rochester Institute of Technology.

DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: February 1

Lodging and travel information are available at http://www.neallt.org.

Registration & program information will soon follow.

NEALLT 2005:  CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Language Resource Center: Trends and Visions
March 11-13, 2005
Foreign Language Technology Center
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York
Hosted by Jack Burston, Director, Foreign Language Technology Center

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT)
will hold its annual conference March 11-13, 2005 at the Foreign
Language Technology Center, at the Rochester Institute of Technology
(RIT), in Rochester, New York.

This year's theme will be "The Language Resource Center: Trends and
Visions" as we deal with the challenges of the changing roles of our
centers. Since we are focusing on the future,  we are fortunate to be
able to meet in the very new Foreign Language Technology Center, at
RIT, which is a state-of-the-art facility.

We welcome proposals for panels and presentations on all relevant
topics, but particularly encourage presentations in one of the
following categories:

        Promoting language learning
        Serving instructional and research objectives
        Showcasing emerging technologies
        Lab management

Proposals should be for presentations/demonstrations of 30 minutes,
panel discussions of 45 minutes to one  hour, or pre-conference
workshops of 3 hours.

We encourage participation from lab directors and faculty in order to
ensure a variety of perspectives.  Please consider attending this
conference and sharing your latest project with us.

Please send proposals to Claire Bradin Siskin at [log in to unmask]
She may also be contacted by phone at 412-6234-5939. Proposals should
include the presenter's name, contact information, type of session
proposed, title of session, abstract of up to 250 words, and
equipment needs.

Proposal deadline: February 1, 2005
Notification of acceptance:  February 6, 2004

Registration

Conference registration will be $45.00, and the deadline is February 21.
Workshops are an additional $15 each. Late registration is $55.00 and
subject to
availability. NEALLT membership is included in the conference registration fee.
Conference registration & lodging information will be posted in
January on the NEALLT website at http://www.neallt.org.

--
Claire Bradin Siskin
Director