LLTI Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:21:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Ursula Williams memorial blog has been removed
>Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:08:33 -0500
>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear All:

After cleaning out 2,003 spam comments from Ursula's blog this morning
despite having disabled comments in the blog's preferences (!), I've
requested that http://blogs.brown.edu/user/ursula/ be deleted from the
server.

I have copied blog entries to a PDF file, which I'll be happy to send to
anyone who requests it.

I'm sorry that we couldn't keep it going until the anniversary of
Ursula's passing ...

Best,

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D
Director, Language Resource Center
Brown University
Box 1935
Providence, RI 02912-1935
Tel: (401) 863-7010
Mobile: (401) 641-0329
"Worrying about a large institution, especially when it has computers,
is like worrying about a large gorilla, especially when it's on fire."
- Bruce Sterling