LLTI Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:21:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Michael Nieckoski"

>Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:47:38 -0500
>From: "Michael Nieckoski" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Faculty Opportunity - Vermont, USA

Hello all, please find a teaching position announcement below.
Though not specifically language-related, it calls for technology
expertise in intercultural environments that so many of our list members
posess. Please send your responses directly to Human Resources.

--mike
Michael Nieckoski
Director, Educational Technology Department
World Learning/School for International Training
Brattleboro, Vermont USA

"Our lives are only as interesting as we make them."
--mn

-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-

Professor of International Education  (rank open)

Master$E2s Program in Intercultural Service, Leadership, and Management
(PIM), School for International Training (SIT)

The School for International Training will be adding a new faculty
position, with responsibilities for distance and classroom teaching,
supervising practicum and capstone students, and guiding the further
development of its M.A. in International Education degree.   The
individual will be responsible to collaborate in creating quality,
technology-based learning experiences for a graduate student population.
S/he will coordinate the input of faculty and other subject matter experts
to create course materials, incorporating best practices in teaching and
learning. Successful PIM faculty members are able to work well in
experiential higher education, helping students integrate theory and
practice, doing both face-to-face and distance teaching, and advising
students via the internet.

The School for International Training is an accredited graduate school and
center for undergraduate study abroad.  Founded in 1964, it is part of
World Learning (formerly the Experiment in International Living), a
nonprofit organization concerned with intercultural understanding, peace
and social justice.  The M.A. in International Education degree attracts
students who seek careers in study abroad, international student services,
citizen exchange, service learning, basic education and related fields.

For more information on the School and program visit our website at:
http://www.sit.edu/
and the full position posting at:
http://www.worldlearning.org/hr/postings/115.html

Application deadline:  Next screening is January 26, 2005.