LLTI Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:25:48 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:50:04 -0500
>From: Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Call for Proposals and Conference Announcement: "CULTURE IN THE
DIGITAL AGE"
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]>

CULTURE IN THE DIGITAL AGE:
In this modern era of computers, internet, instant messenger, wikis,
blogs, and DVDs, how does access to authentic language and global
communication impact our understanding of culture and the learning of
language?  Is modern technology an enhancement or a liability to the
integration of culture and language teaching?  Is the internet the
innovative answer to cultural comparisons or does it simply replace the
tried and true?

A Collaboration of Mid-Atlantic Association for Language Learning
Technology and the Randolph-Macon College Saturday Seminar

Randolph-Macon College
Ashland, Virginia
March 18 $F6 19, 2005

We invite presentation, workshop, and panel proposals that address the
interests of both K-12 language educators (Randolph-Macon College Saturday
Seminar) and professionals supporting the use and integration of language
learning technologies (Mid-Atlantic Association for Language Learning
Technology).

Proposals should combine the teaching and learning of foreign languages
and cultures and address one of the following areas:
$F0 Innovative uses of technologies;
$F0 Student and faculty support in the use of technologies;
$F0 Comparison of technology-enhanced and traditional approaches;
$F0 Best practices and strategies that unite culture and authentic
language in the classroom.

Proposals should explicitly specify the primary audience and the target
language(s) and level(s) to be addressed in the presentation.

Send your proposals as an email attachment (Word document) or in the
body of your e-mail by February 15 to:

Katherine Sharnoff     [log in to unmask]

Copy to Karl Fisher    [log in to unmask]

Conference details will be forthcoming on our MAALLT and RMC Websites.

http://maallt.org
http://www.rmc.edu

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.