LLTI Archives

December 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:38:49 EST

--- Forwarded Message from "Ute Lahaie" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ute Lahaie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SOCALLT '05 - CALL FOR PARTICIPATION (extended)
>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:30:40 -0500

The submission deadline for SOCALLT '05 has been extended (see below). I
would like to invite you to join us this year in Louisiana. Please
forward this to any of your colleagues who may be interested in
attending.

Best,
Ute S. Lahaie

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

SOCALLT 2005

The Year of Languages: Motivating the Language Learner with Technology

Hosted by

Southeastern Louisiana University

Hammond, LA
Friday and Saturday, February 4-5, 2005

The South Central Association for Language Learning Technology invites
SOCALLT/IALLT members and other interested professionals to participate
in our next annual meeting. Proposals should address issues and
innovations in technology-enhanced language instruction, with a special
focus on motivating the language learner.

Topics can include but are not limited to the following:

.        pedagogical programs and techniques

.        student-centered learning

.        distance learning

.        course management programs involving testing, homework
submission, teacher-student communication, etc.

.        streamed audio and video distribution

.        distribution of materials for less commonly taught languages

.        cultural communication.

Submit proposals for individual or joint presentations, demonstrations,
and panel discussions at the SOCALLT website:
<http://www.tulane.edu/~socallt/> http://www.tulane.edu/~socallt/

The deadline for proposals has been extended until January 5, 2005.

SOCALLT is an affiliate of IALLT, comprising the six-state region of
Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

            For further information, contact:

            Dr. Ute S. Lahaie

            President, South Central Association for Language Learning
Technology

            Dept. of Foreign Languages

            Gardner-Webb-University

            Box 7305