LLTI Archives

December 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:14:36 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #7746.1 Web cams for Windows XP lab (!)
>Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:07:14 -0800
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]>

I'm really interested in this.  I bought logitech web cams, but even as fast
as our computers and network (100/100 switches) are, the cameras were still
too jerky of motion to satisfy our ASL department.

Gus Leonard, Do the miniDV cameras eliminate some of the jerkiness?  Well, I
know they would on individual recording, but do you use them to video
conference with also?  How smooth do the motions appear during video
conferencing?

Thanks,
Peggy C. Marcy
Language Learning Center