LLTI Archives

December 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:25:47 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Tom Browne <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:24:47 -0600
>From: Tom Browne <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7745 How to fix ripped audio tape?
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

I just did a just search on eBay and found 31 entries for splicing tape.
You might try there.  It will  be worth the cost if you intend to play the
tape more than once.

You really should use tape that is designed for tape or film splicing.  The
adhesive in Scotch tape will ooze over time and cause the layers of tape to
stick together, destroying the tape.  I still  have many reel-to-reel tapes
and use a splicing block and splicing tape.

Good luck.

Tom Browne

--On Monday, December 13, 2004 11:43 AM -0500 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:rr

> --- Forwarded Message from "Vito Brondolo" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> From: "Vito Brondolo" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>> Subject: How to fix ripped audio tape?
>> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:59:57 -0500
>
> I have a few old analog audio audio tapes that are ripped and don't know
> how to best fix them. A colleague told me that they used to sell a
> special tape for that. I tried a few Radio Shacks and a Compusa, but the
> sales people look at me as if I came from outer space when I tell them of
> the audio tapes. They are all young guys who've been using CDs since the
> cradle, I guess.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Vito Brondolo
>
> Director
> Language Learning Center
> University of Dayton
> Dayton (Ohio)
> www.vitobrondolo.it

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
> Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Thomas Goodrich Browne
Humanities Resource Center
Macalester College