LLTI Archives

December 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:25:46 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "John Mark Esposito" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>From: "John Mark Esposito" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: Web cams for Windows XP lab
>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:26:43 -0500

We are in the process of researching web cams for our lab.  ASL would use
the cams for several different purposes: 1) in order to do lab assignments
(they are the only ones that don't do them) and 2) in order to do their
required video taped projects each semester.  French, Italian and Spanish
would also have use for them, but ASL is our priority at the moment.

I am looking for some advice for any good cams that could be secured somehow
with our setup.  The best ones that I have seen were in Mac labs.  Ours
would have to be secured somehow to the monitors or stations with the
ability to tilt up and down depending on the height of the person sitting in
front of the computer.

Would you have any recommendations?   Thanks in advance.  John.

John Mark Esposito,  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Director, Modern Languages Media Center
Department of Modern Languages, College of Staten Island/CUNY
2800 Victory Boulevard, 2S-114, Staten Island, New York 10314
VOICE: 718-982-3711   FAX: 718-982-3712

Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.