LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:35:31 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Tom Browne <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:20:10 -0600
>From: Tom Browne <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7723 Yamakawa, anyone?
>Originator-info: login-id=browne; server=imap.macalester.edu
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

I don't know anything about the Yamakawa but I bought two CyberHome
multizone players from Best Buy for $30 each (on sale from $40).  They both
work fine, so it is possible.

I wouldn't expect them to last a long time so check the warranty.  At that
price, however, you could replace it as soon as it fails after the warranty
period.

Tom Browne

--On Monday, November 22, 2004 11:13 AM -0500 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:rr

> --- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
> ---
>
>> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:34:55 -0500
>> From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Yamakawa, anyone?
>> To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know anything about the  Yamakawa  multi-region DVD players?
> Their website (http://www.yamakawadirect.com)  boasts some impressive
> features for their players...and for under $100.
>
> I may a frugal Yankee at heart (as in New Englander, not the baseball
> team), but even I  wonder ...is this for real?
>
> Barbara
>

> Barbara Sawhill
> Director
> Cooper International Learning Center
> Oberlin College
> Oberlin, OH 44074

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning, and The Consortium for Language Teaching and
> Learning (http://consortium.dartmouth.edu).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Thomas Goodrich Browne
Humanities Resource Center
Macalester College