LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:35:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mary Toulouse <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:11:54 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Mary Toulouse <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: creating a PAL DVD

  Hello everyone,
I need to create a number of Pal DVD's as part of an exchange program. It
is my understanding that before I import any media into I-movie or I-DVD, I
can set my general preferences to export in PAL format, not NTSC. I have
recently been told that my DVD won't play because it will be a region 1. My
understanding was that the region coding was a commerical add-on, not
something that came out of a personal video editing/creation program like
I-movie.
Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mary Toulouse, Director of the FLLRC
Lafayette College
Easton, PA 18042