LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:13:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:41:27 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Faculty Development Lab User Policies
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"

We are in the process of remodeling our labs and converting one of the lab
spaces into a new faculty multimedia development lab.  This lab will be
restricted to authorized faculty users and approved students of authorized
faculty.  Do any of you with a similar lab have a user policy document
already in place that we could look at?  What criteria do you use in
determining who is authorized to use the lab?  Do you have a proficiency
test that potential users must pass to demonstrate that they know how to use
the hardware and software?  If so, could you share that test with us?  Do
you provide tutorial manuals on the software?  Since this will be a
restricted lab, what policies do you have regarding access to the lab?   We
do not have the budget to hire new staff to assist faculty with their
projects so faculty must already have the knowledge and skills to use the
equipment and software or take the time to learn the software on their own.
Any guidance in developing our user policies would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel Tom

Language Learning Center

University of Hawaii at Manoa

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]