LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:43:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:41:36 -0600
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7719 headphone hygiene/covers

Ooohh...  I like that.  Our patrons are really patients! <grin>

--- Forwarded Message from Joan Costello <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:37:16 -0500
>From: Joan Costello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: headphone hygiene/covers

Sorry to bring up that hot topic again, but I just wanted to let you
know that there is a company that sells covers for the ear cushions
that
might help with some health concerns.  They look like little shower
caps. I have them displayed on a bulletin board if anyone wants to
purchase a set for $.25.  They have not been a big seller but it is an
alternative.  Following is the info the company sent me:
Oaktree Products does
sell headphone covers includind:
        Safe Sound Disposable Earphone covers for $13 for a bag of 100
        AcoustiCovers for $56 (canister of 200)

The Safe Sound Disposable earphones are comprised of softer material
which
signficantly reduces any rustling or crackling sounds that the patient
may
hear when the covers are used. For example, when the patient moves his
or
her jaw, some ear phone covers are made of such rigid material that
the
patient can hear the rustling of the material. That is why I would
recommend
if you are interested in purchasing disposable earphone covers.
  Please feel free to call us to
order or to assist you with any questions you may have. Our toll free
number
is 800 347 1960.

A.U. Bankaitis, PhD, FAAA
VP of Business Development