LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:46:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Henry Wilmer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:56:28 -0500
>Subject: Re: #7715 Watching Videos in the Lab
>From: Henry Wilmer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi,

We do this, but we're using videos from publishers from whom we've gotten
permission - Annenberg for French in Action and Destinos as well as the
publishers for Deutsch Akutel.

As for films, we don't usually provide these from our streaming server.
I'd love to hear from others.  Our school does have an educational license
from a clearing house that allows showing of many recently released films
for entertainment in our auditoriums on Saturday nights. This might also
cover delivery from a secure server, but I haven't checked it out yet.  Most
of the films are in English and so not of particular use to us in World
Languages.