LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:18:01 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Niendorf, John F" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Copying Segments of DVDs
>Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:24:03 -0500
>From: "Niendorf, John F" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Afternoon Everyone,

I looked through the archives, but didn't find an answer for my
particular situation.

There is a professor here who would like to take several short segments
from many DVDs he has purchased and create a new DVD of those segments.

We have Sampo DVE-612 DVD players - I am able to connect the DVD player
to my PC via a canopus ADVC-100.  I've used NERO 6 to capture the video
from a DVD.

Some DVDs allow me to capture the content without any trouble.  Other
DVDs allow me to capture the content, but the captured video alternates
between good and very dark.

I think this is caused by anti-piracy features on the DVD. Does anyone
know if there a work around for this problem?

Thank you,

John

John Niendorf

Director, Foreign Language Media Center