LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:36:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Jonathan White" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jonathan White" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Apple DVD Region Settings
>Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:19:10 +0000

Hello all,

We have a student here at CELOP who recently purchased an Apple computer.
Like all of our students, he's an international.  He's been watching DVD's
on his computer here and his drive is about to lock into the North American
region.  However, when he goes back to his home country at the end of the
semester, he's going to want to be able to play DVDs from that region.

I know these firmware flash utilities exist for PCs that allow you to reset
the region code on your DVD drive.  Does anybody out there know of a similar
utility for the Mac?

Jonathan

---------------------------------
Jonathan White
Technical Coordinator
BU - CELOP
890 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA  02215
617-353-4870
http://www.bu.edu/celop

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.