LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:36:17 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Edmund Dente" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #7685.1 Where in the World?- VHS camcorder (!)
>Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:42 -0500
>From: "Edmund Dente" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Thanks to all of you who wrote with suggestions about buying a full-size VHS
camcorder. I will be in touch shortly to buy one or two from those who offered
(before Derek beats me to it!)
I had considered eBay, but didn't check for two reasons: 1.) As Derek learned, I
assumed there would be only equipment of dubious quality and provenance. 2.)
More importantly, I just assumed that our Purchasing Department would never
allow us to buy things from eBay. I assumed they would allow sales only from
established, incorporated companies -- ones that had real accounting
departments, etc.
Much to my surprise, I learned that this was not the case. In fact, I was
encouraged to look on eBay by our Purchasing Agent.
Judging by the responses from others, this must be the case at other schools as
well. What about the rest of you all.  Do you purchase items on eBay for your
labs?  Am I living in the wrong century by asking this?
(If you do use eBay for purchases, could I interest you in a slightly worn Carl
Yastrzemski teeshirt?)
Ed

Edmund N. Dente
Director, Language Media Center
Asst Director, Media Services      617.627.3036
Tufts University                        [log in to unmask]
Medford, MA  02155             http://ase.tufts.edu/lmc

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.