LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:06:00 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:15:46 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Remotes for SAMPO DVD players
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hello:

We have managed to lose the remote for our SAMPO DVD player (model 611).  I
have contacted  SAMPO and apparently they don't make that model or that
remote any more. They recc'd that I try a universal remote, but I have yet
to find one that will "talk" to a SAMPO DVD player (with any regularity).

Does anyone have any idea as to where one might obtain remotes for older
machines and/or know of a universal remote that will make this DVD player
behave?

Note: we have newer SAMPO players and no, those remotes do not work with
this player. And yes we have now cabled the remotes to the players and they
will never be separated again.

Barbara

Barbara Sawhill
Director, Cooper International Learning Center (The language lab)
Oberlin, Ohio