LLTI Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:49:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: new LangLab release 1.7 available (ADVTSG)
>Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:39:30 -0800

E-LangLab, LLC is pleased to announce that a fully-functional demo version of
the new 1.7 release of LangLab can now be downloaded from our Web site,
www.elanglab.com. Release Notes indicate what has changed, and the release
contains additional documentation beyond what was previously available. For
those not yet familiar with LangLab, it is user-friendly, Unicode-compatible
digital language-lab software, suitable for teaching any language and
considerably more affordable than solutions with equivalent functionality
offered by major competitors. Usable via school/campus LAN or the Internet in
addition to in the lab, LangLab is a cross-platform solution that eliminates
concerns about what type of computer faculty or students want to use at home.
Modules offer listen-and-record functionality for students, real-time monitoring
of students and interaction with them, asynchronous feedback an instructor
inserts anywhere in students' recordings, and authoring tools that enable easy
preparation of new lessons or importing of sound from CDs and tapes accompanying
textbooks.

     --Richard Laden
Dr. Richard A. Laden
E-LangLab, LLC