LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:30:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Edmund Dente" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Where in the World?
>Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:41:23 -0400
>From: "Edmund Dente" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

From the vicinity of Fenway Park.

So now I suppose it's the Cubbies turn to end their curse. OK, next
year. Hang in there Judi - we have definitive proof here that curses can
end.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone out there can help with my request. Nowhere
in the entire Web universe can I find a store that sells regular,
old-fashioned, outdated VHS full-size camcorders. We desperately need
one (or two.) Don't ask --- I know that there are now other options, but
this is a special case.

Is there anyone who has an old one lying around on a shelf somewhere
gathering dust that they'd be willing to part with for a good price?

I'd trade a Sony Beta III deck from 1979, a Dukane Slide-Tape projector,
a Chester Language Lab Dial-Access Relay,  a VHS copy of National
Lampoon's European  Vacation with Chevy Chase, a New York Yankees
T-shirt with a picture of Pedro Martinez that says, "Who's Your Daddy?",
or plain old cash.

Cash is probably preferred all around.

Any hope that I'll find one of these relics?

Thanks,

Ed

(PS - I'd even throw in Massachusetts' 12 Electoral College votes.)

Edmund N. Dente
Director, Language Media Center

Asst Director, Media Services      617.627.3036
Tufts University                        [log in to unmask]

Medford, MA  02155             http://ase.tufts.edu/lmc

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.