LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:12:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Tomita Hideo" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Tomita Hideo" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: capturing student oral performance on video
>Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:29:20 -0400

Hello Folks:

I regularly videotape students' oral performance on digicam.
I watch it when I evaluate each performance, and give the comments to each
student on a grading sheet. The whole procedure, videotaping and watching
for evaluation, takes lots of time. But students don't read comments
carefully in many cases.

So, I've decided to have them self-comment on the performance.
For this purpose, I want to have the recorded performance available to
students right after their performance (within a day or so).

I usually use a digicam for recording, and download the files and compress
them with i2DVD (I forget the exact name) on Mac. But it also takes time.
Is there any way I can do more quickly. Perhaps recording the performance
with a webcom and directly upload it on a server ?

Any information for hardware/software would be appreciated. (I am thinking
for PC-W2000).

Thank you.

Hideo Tomita
Kenyon College
www2.kenyon.edu/depts/mll/japanese

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.