LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:09:28 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Laboratories and Archives

>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:18:47 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7677 typing software

>--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Crusius" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>I received this request from a faculty member. Does anybody know about this?
>
>"I was wondering whether you know anything about this 'typing software' that
>enables you to automatically transcribe an audio (spoken word) file to a
>written document."
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marianne

I assume that they mean something like Dragon Dictate or Via Voice. I
have never used them in just that way, but I believe that one or the
other (or both) can take as input an audio file as well as live mike.

Barbara Need
Manager (SS4)

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.