LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:16:06 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:50:33 -0400
>Subject: Translation Software for Arabic
>From: Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

A faculty member at our law school is looking for software that will
translate Arabic texts on jurisprudence into English.  She is apparently
scanning "older" Arabic documents into machine-readable form and plans to
use software to translate them.

If any of you have any recommendations on Arabic to English translation
software, please let me know, even if it has nothing to do with
jurisprudence.

Thanks.
Sharon

--
Sharon Scinicariello, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Laboratory

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.