LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:09:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Nicholas Omale <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:27:05 -0500
>From: Nicholas Omale <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7678 recording equipment

Melanie,

From your message, It sounds like your school is still using audio
tapes. Audio tapes work fine for a while but over time they may become
inaudible due to static or other complications. I believe digital is
the way to go. If funds allow, I would suggest  taking a look at
software such as Divace from Tandberg Educational.  It is a versatile
piece of software which allows students to record stuff/playback. They
can save their files in different formats (wav, mp3 etc). It's
interface is really user-friendly and it somewhat resembles any
traditional tape recorder. I hope this helps.

Nick
____________
Nicholas Omale
Graduate Assistant
Foreign Languages Multimedia and Learning Center
Northern Illinois University

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:23:36 EDT, LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from "Melanie Barker" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >From: "Melanie Barker" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: recording equipment
> >Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:07:16 -0400
>
> Forgive me if this has been discussed.  I just joined the list.  The foreign
> language department at my school is interested in purchasing recording
equipment
> for student use.  The foreign language teachers are interested in purchasing
> equipment that will produce high-quality recordings of students' readings.
What