LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:23:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:04:49 -0400
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Stony Brook Univ, NY: Asst. Director job description
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Cc: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>

Hello to all. After six months of bureacracy the Asst. Director for the
Language Learning and Research Center at the State University of New
York at Stony Brook is now posted!!!  Here is the link to the
job--http://naples.cc.sunysb.edu/Admin/CampusJob.nsf/
dd0034073858dd6d8525659c0072eafb/aca0d58c305edde285256f2d0066286b?
OpenDocument

The Center's web page is http://www.sunysb.edu/llrc/llrc2.html.  The
University website which describes this very lovely, very populated,
and very expensive area is the http://www.stonybrook.edu site.

If this does not work send me e-mails at [log in to unmask]
and I will get you the links.

The deadline for applications is a month from yesterday.  I am asking
for a letter of application, a CV, and three letters of reference.
Interviews will be done via conference call only.  With the State of NY
bureaucracy, I am not allowed to be part of the search committee for
this post in an important way.  As a result I am happy to talk about
this position quite informally before the deadline for applications.

The successful candidate should plan on starting here in January.

Best,

Mikle D. Ledgerwood, Ph.D.
Director of the Language Learning and Research Center
Tenured Professor of French and Technology and Education
Head of French

Chair of the Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages,
2005

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.