LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:09:33 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Leslie Graul" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Sender: <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Leslie Graul" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:39:17 -0400
>Subject: Professional Standards

Is anyone aware of any Professional Standards for our
"field"?&nbsp; I know that we have differing roles at our
various campuses, but to some extent&nbsp;many of us are
part librarians, IT techies, A-V distributors, instructors,
and authors of exercises or activities for computer
use.&nbsp; There are professional standards listed for
libraries.&nbsp; I do not believe that there are any for IT
departments.&nbsp;
Other than setting goals and discussing whether you've met
them, how do you assess your labs, centers, or whatever you
direct?&nbsp; How does someone like our Middle States assess
them when deciding whether to continue accredation
for&nbsp;your schools?&nbsp;
 has been replace here -->

Leslie B. Graul
Director of Instructional Media Services
Thiel College
724-589-2853